Position: Social Media Officer
Reports to: Administration of UIMS
Contract Type: Full time
The United Iraqi Medical Society for Relief and Development (UIMS) is one of active civil organizations in Iraq, a non-governmental organization dealing with humanitarian, health, relief, development and charitable affairs, regardless of race, color, religion and cultural background. Officially registered with the Non-Governmental Organizations Directorate, General Secretariat for the Council of Ministers under the number (IZ1615).
Since the establishment of our organization on 21/05/2003 and as a result of conditions experienced by Iraq, UIMS introduced a lot of humanitarian aids and contributed in support of health institutions with basic needs, medical supplies and medicines; supported families afflicted and affected from war and disasters
Shared in the process of rehabilitation of governmental hospitals and health centers, and the establishment of new health centers through their branches and offices in Iraq. UIMS was able to provide medical and relief assistance to refugees and IDPs all over Iraq. In addition to its outstanding work all over the last period, UIMS keen to expand its activities and efforts inside and outside Iraq.
In addition, UIMS is an implementer partner with UNHCR, WHO, UNICEF, UNFPA, OCHA, RI.
Job Description for Social Media Officer:
He ideal candidate will be a creative thinker and have the skills to generate innovative ideas. You will have a proven history of engaging a wide range of stakeholders on social media platforms and will be an excellent content writer and producer across different mediums.
As a competent communicator and great team-player, with a proactive approach, you will be adept at keeping up to date with the current social media trends, while constantly horizon-scanning in to upcoming opportunities.
The Social Media Officer will take the lead on social media content in this creative and fast moving role, ideally suited to a person who embraces digital technology and the potential it offers to our lives. As Social Media Officer, you will plan, create and deliver compelling content through the charity’s social media channels, with the aim to grow our audience, presence and impact. You will predominantly focus on daily content that best engages audiences and meets the aims of particular teams and the charity as a whole.
With an enthusiasm for spotting new developments in social media, you will act quickly and creatively to ensure we are ahead of trends, ultimately developing the charity’s social media voice, offering first class written content and working with others to develop multimedia assets of a high standard. You will work across the organization, ensuring all areas of the charity are well represented and will understand the need for two-way dialogue in our approach.
Main tasks of the role:
- Generate, edit and publish compelling daily content (text, images, video or HTML).
- Work with colleagues to develop a simple and accessible social media content strategy.
- Develop low-cost, high-impact social media initiatives that help build audience, promote brand and drive engagement.
- Coordinate plans with colleagues in Digital Campaigns team to ensure avoidance of clashes, and/or to add further value to paid-for activities through our owned channels and organic content.
- Develop, maintain and implement a moderation policy. Work with colleagues to determine effective community management processes according to nature of content.
- Analysis and reporting on activities across all platforms, including use of statistical analysis tools (Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics etc.).
We are looking for:
- Experience of owning and developing the social media voice of an organization.
- Experience of high quality content creating, to short deadline.
- Flexible outlook, able to juggle a number of projects simultaneously.
- Excellent understanding of social media, social platforms, related APIs and products.
- An understanding and passion for emerging technologies, techniques and trends.
- Project and campaign planning skills.
How to Apply:
All applicants must submit by Email (firstname.lastname@example.org), please mention (Social Media Officer) in the subject of your email and you can include your CV with a cover letter. Closing date will be 08 Dec. 2016.