United Iraqi Medical Society for Relief and Development (UIMS) is an active civil society organization in Iraq. UIMS is a non-governmental organization dealing with humanitarian, health, relief, development and charitable affairs, and provides its services to those in need regardless of race, color, religion and cultural background. UIMS is officially registered with the Non-Governmental Organizations Directorate, General Secretariat for the Council of Ministers in Iraq under the number (IZ1615).
UIMS was established in Iraq on May 21, 2003. As a result of prevailing conditions throughout the nation, UIMS has contributed a generous amount of humanitarian aid to Iraq by providing health institutions with basic necessities, medical supplies and medicines and supporting families afflicted and affected from war and disasters.
Through their main and branch offices in Iraq, UIMS has contributed to the process of rehabilitating governmental hospitals and health centers, as well as establishing new health and women community centers mainly in the IDP camps where there is a dire need for these services. This has enabled UIMS to provide medical and relief assistance to refugees and IDPs throughout Iraq. In addition to its outstanding work over the last period, UIMS is keen to expand its activities and efforts both inside and outside Iraq.
Furthermore, UIMS is an implementing partner with UNHCR, WHO, UNICEF, UNFPA, OCHA, RI.
Jobs and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Programme Manager, lead on the implementation of the project, with the aim of delivering high quality programming, which meets the needs of beneficiaries and the project goals
* Develop and submit detailed work plans for the programme team to ensure the achievement of project objectives
* Develop and lead ongoing assessments and analyses to understand needs, map points of service, and to identify partners
* Oversee field-based staff, ensuring that the necessary administrative and management tasks are fulfilled in a timely and appropriate manner
* Assist in the report preparation and writing for donors, HQ and other recipients as necessary
* Assist preparing program documentation
* Oversee and follow up the submission of paperwork for logistics, HR and assets
* Under supervision from the Programme Manager, oversee the recruitment processes
* Travel as necessary to program sites and activity locations
* Participate in departmental meetings as required
* Ensure the development and implementation of effective monitoring and evaluation processes
* Oversee the compilation of monthly and quarterly reports, on time and with accurate data
- Work closely with the GBV Manger to understand program goals and to coordinate with relevant actors and develop new programming in the Community centers
- Contribute to ongoing assessments and analyses to understand protection risks, to map points of service for survivors of GBV and vulnerable individuals, and to identify support structures
- Monitor the different sensitization activities in the community centers
- Liaise with governmental authorities (for example the Ministry of Health) when appropriate
- Mentor field staff in case management and follow up
- Translate documents between English and Arabic as necessary
- Assist preparing program documentation about GBV or mental health
- Facilitate the new hire process of facilitators of the Community Centers
- Assist in the report preparation and writing for donors, and other recipients as necessary
- Provide information about choices and services available to survivors of SGBV;
- Strengthen case management and referral systems
- Collect data and information from multiple sources, including from among refugees and partner organizations
- Contribute to information-sharing and data management systems
- Compile monthly and quarterly reports, on time and with accurate data
- Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility as and when needed
Education and/or Experience:
o Undergraduate degree in social sciences or Law; or other related fields.
o At least 2 year experience working on issues related to gender based violence or trauma rehabilitation;
o A degree in social work or Health is a strongly desired
o Fluency in Arabic and English for conversation, note taking and reporting.
Interested applicants should have a strong commitment to addressing women’s rights with cultural sensitivity, respect, and confidentiality. Moreover, flexibility, a sense of humor and willingness to challenge social norms is a plus.
Experience required: 2 years at minimum
Education degree: Bachelor Degree
Language: fluency in Arabic and English
How To Apply
All applicants must submit their resumes to the Email (firstname.lastname@example.org), please be informed that any Email not mentioned (GBV-Baghdad) in its subject, will be ignored. Closing date will be 15th Nov. 2020