Position: Civil Engineer
Reports to: WASH Projects Manager
Contract Type: Full time
The United Iraqi Medical Society for Relief and Development (UIMS) is one of active civil organizations in Iraq, a non-governmental organization dealing with humanitarian, health, relief, development and charitable affairs, regardless of race, color, religion and cultural background. Officially registered with the Non-Governmental Organizations Directorate, General Secretariat for the Council of Ministers under the number (IZ1615).
Since the establishment of our organization on 21/05/2003 and as a result of conditions experienced by Iraq, UIMS introduced a lot of humanitarian aids and contributed in support of health institutions with basic needs, medical supplies and medicines; supported families afflicted and affected from war and disasters
Shared in the process of rehabilitation of governmental hospitals and health centers, and the establishment of new health centers through their branches and offices in Iraq. UIMS was able to provide medical and relief assistance to refugees and IDPs all over Iraq. In addition to its outstanding work all over the last period, UIMS keen to expand its activities and efforts inside and outside Iraq.
In addition, UIMS is an a implementer partner with UNHCR, WHO, UNICEF, UNFPA, OCHA, RI.
- Support projects management office in managing UIMS projects.
- Provide the required technical support to the staff at the field level.
- Build a strong communication network with donors and partners.
- Attend partners and donors meetings when needed.
- Assist in writing and reviewing all kind of narrative reports.
- Support in conducting initial needs assessments and other assesments.
- Prepare and support any new report, Assessments and other forms needed.
- Assist in collecting daily updates for UIMS projects, areas, and regions.
- Assist in implementation and monitoring and evaluations of projects.
- All other duties and tasks as assigned.
Qualifications & requirements:
- Language Skills: Fluent in English (Speaking / Reading / Writing).
- Education Degree: University Degree, Engineering College.
- Work Experiences: at least two years exprtiences.
- Computer Skills: Good skills in networking and internet, Good knowledge in Microsoft office (word, Excel, Outlook and Power point).
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Reliable, rigorous and well organized.
- Motivated and dedicated to his/her job.
- Able and willing to learn to extend his/her scope of work.
All applicants must submit by Email (email@example.com), please mention (Civil Engineer) in the subject of your email and you can include your CV with a cover letter. Closing date will be July 20th 2016.