Position: Social Worker
Location: Al-Anbar / Heet
Contract Type: Full time
The United Iraqi Medical Society for Relief and Development (UIMS) is one of active civil organizations in Iraq, a non-governmental organization dealing with humanitarian, health, relief, development and charitable affairs, regardless of race, color, religion and cultural background. Officially registered with the Non-Governmental Organizations Directorate, General Secretariat for the Council of Ministers under the number (IZ1615).
Since the establishment of our organization on 21/05/2003 and as a result of conditions experienced by Iraq, UIMS introduced a lot of humanitarian aids and contributed in support of health institutions with basic needs, medical supplies and medicines; supported families afflicted and affected from war and disasters
Shared in the process of rehabilitation of governmental hospitals and health centers, and the establishment of new health centers through their branches and offices in Iraq. UIMS was able to provide medical and relief assistance to refugees and IDPs all over Iraq. In addition to its outstanding work all over the last period, UIMS keen to expand its activities and efforts inside and outside Iraq.
In addition, UIMS is an implementer partner with UNHCR, WHO, UNICEF, UNFPA, OCHA, UNDP… etc.
The WPE PSS Officer will be responsible for establishing, developing, and running PSS groups and activities for women, focused on healing and positive well-being, learning, and empowerment, where women can reflect, share, create, imagine, and build supportive networks. The PSS Officer will also work on the set-up of Women’s Committees, promoting women’s solidarity and leadership at the community level.
Program implementation and quality
- Reinforce adherence to the GBV guiding principles throughout all WPE activities, and ensuring confidentiality of survivors, informed consent and respect for their wishes and decisions.
- Be proactive in creating and developing WGCC PSS (focused and non-focused) and community engagement activities, ensuring that best practice, WPE guidelines and approaches are being followed.
- Work on the start-up and implementation of the women-only groups and activities, ensuring groups are formed in a safe, comfortable, and confidential manner and environment, in line with safe spaces standards, and using UIMS WPE programming resources (including Arab Women Speak Out curriculum, Emotional Support Group material, Girl shine).
- Ensure PSS activities, in-line with WPE guidelines and best practice and with support from GBV Officer, are guided by women themselves and based on their interests, needs and priorities, are age-appropriate and inclusive.
- In collaboration with the WPE Case Workers, develop awareness-raising sessions on the types of services available to survivors of GBV, where these services are available, how communities can support survivors to access services, and the consequences of GBV and the benefits of seeking care and support, using a variety of context-appropriate methods.
- Support the set-up and running of Women’s Committees, using UIMS material guidelines for the development of women’s action groups at community level, promoting women’s voice, leadership and organizing at the grassroots level, guided by mutual support and solidarity.
- In collaboration with the WPE case worker, carry out monthly safety audits and community consultations to identify and discuss safety and risks faced by women and girls, develop concrete actions for UIMS, other actors, and the community to address, and ensure follow-up on these actions
- Closely work with female community mobilizers for outreach and awareness raising at community-level, and get their support for in the facilitation of relevant activities
- Seek technical guidance and support from the GBV Officer on activity development, implementation, and available resources.
Monitoring and reporting
- Provide the GBV Officer with regular updates on your work (daily/ weekly).
- Ensure that participatory monitoring and evaluation is conducted for all PSS women activities.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the GBV Officer for weekly/monthly WPE program reports; contribute to writing reports against indicators relevant to the position.
Collaboration & Representation
- Work with WPE Case Worker to exchange non-confidential information and ensure that WPE programs are responding to the evolving needs of women and girls.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders including community members and other humanitarian partners and service providers.
- To submit regular reports (verbal and written) concerning the ongoing activities of the social department.
- Fulfil any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and experience:
- BA or equivalent in Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, Sexual Reproductive Health, or Gender related programs
- Experience in counseling, social work, women’s health, or other related field
- Clear understanding of and interest in the wellbeing of women and girls, and supporting their healing after the experience of violence
- Understanding of case management, psychosocial support and life skills programming to promote survivor healing and recovery
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work well in a team setting
- Strong ability to maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure circumstances.
- Knowledge and ability to speak the language of the local community preferred.
- Computer Skills: Good skills in networking and internet, Good knowledge in Microsoft office (word, Excel, Outlook and Power point).
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Reliable, rigorous and well organized.
- Motivated and dedicated to his/her job.
- Able and willing to learn to extend his/her scope of work.
All applicants must submit by Email (email@example.com), please mention (Social Worker) in the subject of your email and you can include your CV with a cover letter. Closing date will be on 10. Jun. 2021