Position: Case worker
Contract Type: Full time
The United Iraqi Medical Society for Relief and Development (UIMS) is one of active civil organizations in Iraq, a non-governmental organization dealing with humanitarian, health, relief, development and charitable affairs, regardless of race, color, religion and cultural background. Officially registered with the Non-Governmental Organizations Directorate, General Secretariat for the Council of Ministers under the number (IZ1615).
Since the establishment of our organization on 21/05/2003 and as a result of conditions experienced by Iraq, UIMS introduced a lot of humanitarian aids and contributed in support of health institutions with basic needs, medical supplies and medicines; supported families afflicted and affected from war and disasters
Shared in the process of rehabilitation of governmental hospitals and health centers, and the establishment of new health centers through their branches and offices in Iraq. UIMS was able to provide medical and relief assistance to refugees and IDPs all over Iraq. In addition to its outstanding work all over the last period, UIMS keen to expand its activities and efforts inside and outside Iraq.
In addition, UIMS is an implementer partner with UNHCR, WHO, UNICEF, UNFPA, OCHA, UNDP… etc.
- In compliance with best-practice and international standards on GBV response, provide direct psychosocial support for vulnerable women and girls and particularly GBV survivors. Case management services will include assessment of needs, development of an action plan for recovery, implementing the action plan and ensuring appropriate referrals follow up and close the case when appropriate.
- Provide emotional support (based on the IASC MPHSS) guidelines provided for each case and for the close family members as required.
- Monitors cases by verifying clients’ attendance; observing and evaluating treatments and responses; advocating for needed services and entitlements; intervening in crises; providing personal support.
- Maintains clients’ records by reviewing case notes; logging events and progress.
- Ensures that Survivor Centered Approach, guiding principles are maintained and enforced in while working with survivors including in safe spaces for women and girls.
- Responsible for the overall management of the safe spaces for women and girls.
- Facilitate the setting up of information desk at the women and girls center where adolescent and women of reproductive age can access Sexual Reproductive Health information.
- Support Social workers to ensure there is Provision of direct age-appropriate and specialized support and care for vulnerable adolescent and young women (including survivors of GBV), for counselling and case management.
- Support updating of available and viable services for GBV survivors. This is critical to the establishment of clear pathways that are well documented and understood by all service providers.
- Assess gaps on how the referral pathway is functioning through direct follow ups with service providers and make suggestions for improvement to the supervisor.
- In consultations with women and girls, develop and support to implement a series of age-appropriate and group emotional and social support activities for women and girls, with an emphasis on meeting the needs of survivors of GBV and strengthening support networks among women and girls.
- To effectively collect and safely store information in the GBVIMS and share the data when needed.
Monitoring & Reporting:
- Provide weekly case update to supervisor (GBV program officer) including new cases identified, number of referrals, cases closed and follow ups.
- Provide weekly report on activities at the women and girls center. This will include including key achievements, challenges, lessons learnt and follow up support needed from supervisor.
- Submit intake forms to GBV program Officer to ensure proper database of cases and analysis of reported cases.
- Ensure the principle of safety and confidentiality of beneficiaries’ data upheld.
Coordination & Representation:
- Participate in Bi-Weekly supervision meeting with GBV program Officer and GBV Project Coordinator to ensure adherence to standards of care and appropriate case management.
- Where necessary and in consultation with the GBV program Officer, participate in camp level coordination meetings including camp coordinating meeting and protection meeting.
- Participate in case conference meetings and provide summary information on critical cases that required case conference.
- Maintain positive coordination and relationship with other partners in the field to promote holistic approach to case management.
- Receive referrals from different agencies, do action plan and appropriate response to each case;
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders and advocacy to address gaps in GBV response services and referral protocols.
- Fulfil any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications & requirements:
- BA or equivalent in Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, Sexual Reproductive Health, or Gender related programs
- 1 to 2 years of experience in SGBV case management including providing psychosocial counselling for survivors of Gender Based Violence
- Strong ability to lead activities in women and girls center preferred
- Background and understanding of adolescent reproductive sexual health and previous experience working with adolescents on Sexual Reproductive Health issues
- Clear understanding of gender, abuse of power, and issues surrounding violence against women and girls.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, medical ethics and respect for clients at all times.
- Experience in participatory techniques and community mobilization
- Knowledge and ability to speak the language of the local community preferred
- Experience working with SGBV case files providing regular documentation preferred
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Reliable, rigorous and well organized.
- Motivated and dedicated to his/her job.
- Able and willing to learn to extend his/her scope of work.
All applicants must submit by Email (email@example.com), please mention (Case worker) in the subject of your email and you can include your CV with a cover letter. Closing date will be 31. Dec. 2020