Position: Social Worker
Location: Nineveh – AL-Salamiyah camp
Contract Type: Full time
The United Iraqi Medical Society for Relief and Development (UIMS) is one of active civil organizations in Iraq, a non-governmental organization dealing with humanitarian, health, relief, development and charitable affairs, regardless of race, color, religion and cultural background. Officially registered with the Non-Governmental Organizations Directorate, General Secretariat for the Council of Ministers under the number (IZ1615).
Since the establishment of our organization on 21/05/2003 and as a result of conditions experienced by Iraq, UIMS introduced a lot of humanitarian aids and contributed in support of health institutions with basic needs, medical supplies and medicines; supported families afflicted and affected from war and disasters
Shared in the process of rehabilitation of governmental hospitals and health centers, and the establishment of new health centers through their branches and offices in Iraq. UIMS was able to provide medical and relief assistance to refugees and IDPs all over Iraq. In addition to its outstanding work all over the last period, UIMS keen to expand its activities and efforts inside and outside Iraq.
In addition, UIMS is an implementer partner with UNHCR, WHO, UNICEF, UNFPA, OCHA, UNDP… etc.
Participate in awareness raising activities
- The social worker will conduct discussions, and role plays with women’s groups, community leaders, students and youth to educate and mobilize communities to appropriately prevent and respond to GBV occurring in the community.
- The social worker will provide regular awareness sessions to women on gender based violence and support services to the targeted women.
- He/she will apprehend women in immediate need of protection and refer them for services at the women community centres.
- The social worker will motivate community members and influential people to take actions that will decrease the occurrence of GBV in the community by helping members of the communities identify and prioritize specific GBV related issues happening in their community as well as identifying local solutions to resolve those issues.
- The social worker will work with the rest of the GBV team to encourage women to speak up for their rights.
- The social worker will gather community members for meetings and events.
- Support the project team in distribution of dignity kits to the targeted women
- He /She will assist in case management referrals and follow ups at the community level.
- Identify and refer all individuals who report GBV related incidents to the GBV Response team.
- Monitor and evaluate clients’ progress and modify treatment plans accordingly
- Offer information and counseling on the best course of action during sessions.
- Maintain accurate records and report on clients’ status.
Networking and coordination
- To create network within the local communities and the displaced communities in camps.
- To build strong relationship with the international and local associations and with the agencies involved in Protection programs related issues.
- Attend case conference meetings and other camp meetings at the camp level
- Act as a key-worker and cooperate with multidisciplinary teams.
- Act as a communication link between the project management and camp implemented activities.
- To submit regular reports (verbal and written) concerning the ongoing activities of the social department.
- Fulfil any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Coordination & Representation:
- Participate in Bi-Weekly supervision meeting with GBV program Officer and GBV Project Coordinator to ensure adherence to standards of care and appropriate case management.
- Where necessary and in consultation with the GBV program Officer, participate in camp level coordination meetings including camp coordinating meeting and protection meeting.
- Participate in case conference meetings and provide summary information on critical cases that required case conference.
- Maintain positive coordination and relationship with other partners in the field to promote holistic approach to case management.
- Receive referrals from different agencies, do action plan and appropriate response to each case;
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders and advocacy to address gaps in GBV response services and referral protocols.
- Fulfil any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications & requirements:
- BA or equivalent in Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, Sexual Reproductive Health, or Gender related programs
- Experience in counseling, social work, women’s health, or other related field
- Clear understanding of and interest in the wellbeing of women and girls, and supporting their healing after the experience of violence
- Understanding of case management, psychosocial support and life skills programming to promote survivor healing and recovery
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work well in a team setting
- Strong ability to maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure circumstances.
- Knowledge and ability to speak the language of the local community preferred.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Reliable, rigorous and well organized.
- Motivated and dedicated to his/her job.
- Able and willing to learn to extend his/her scope of work.
All applicants must submit by Email (email@example.com), please mention (Social Worker) in the subject of your email and you can include your CV with a cover letter. Closing date will be 31. Dec. 2020